“Fast Fourier Transform: algorithms and Applications”, with D
Some of his books
He is a member of the Academy of Distinguished Scholars, UTA. He was invited to
be a panelist for the 2011 NSF Graduate Research Fellowship Program(GRFP), with
service on the following panel:
Panel Name: Electrical Engineering Panel and EPA Graduate Fellowship
Meeting Dates: Friday Feb 11, 2011 to Sunday Feb 13, 2011 and March 2013
1. He, along with two other researchers, introduced the Discrete Cosine Transform in 1975 which has since become very popular in digital signal processing.
2. He is the co-author of the books “Orthogonal Transforms for Digital Signal Processing” (Springer-Verlag, 1975), Also recorded for the blind in Braille by the Royal Institute for the blind. “Fast Transforms: Analyses and Applications” (Academic Press, 1982), “Discrete Cosine Transform-Algorithms, Advantages, Applications” (Academic Press, 1990).
3. He is co-author of the books, “Techniques and standards for Image/Video/Audio Coding” (Prentice Hall) 1996 “Packet video communications over ATM networks”(Prentice Hall) 2000 and “Multimedia communication systems” (Prentice Hall) 2002, and Fast Fourier Transform (Springer) 2010.
4. He has published Introduction to multimedia communications: applications, middleware, networking, (with Z.S. Bojkovic and D.A. Milovanovic), Wiley, (2006) and "Discrete cosine and sine transforms" (with Vladimir Britanak and Patrick Yip) - Elsevier, 2007. Multimedia Communication Systems (with Z. Bojkovic and D.A. Milovanovic) published by Taylor/Francis, 2008.
5. He has edited a benchmark volume, “Discrete Transforms and Their Applications” (Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1985).
6. He has coedited a benchmark volume, “Teleconferencing” (Van Nostrand Reinhold, 1985).
7. He has coedited a handbook “The transform and data compression handbook,” ( CRC Press, 2001). Digital video image quality and perceptual coding, (with H.R. Wu),Taylor and Francis (2006).
8. He has published a book 'Fast Fourier Transform' along with Dr. Kim and Dr. Hwang (Springer 2010). It is translated into Chinese and Korean.
9. He has published extensively in refereed journals and has been a consultant to industry, research institutes, law firms and academia.
10. Some of his books have been translated into Japanese, Chinese, Korean and Russian and also published as Asian (paperback) editions.
11. He has been an external examiner for graduate students from Universities in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, India, Singapore, Thailand and Taiwan.
12. He was a visiting professor in several Universities -3 weeks to 7 and1/2 months- (Australia, Japan, Korea, Singapore and Thailand).
13. He has conducted workshops/tutorials on video/audio coding/standards worldwide.
14. He has supervised 87 students at the Masters level and 31 students at the Doctoral level.
15. He has reviewed research proposals for funding agencies in Hong Kong, Australia, Singapore, Canada and China.
16. He has reviewed several book manuscripts for book publishers.
17. He has reviewed manuscripts for possible publication in refereed journals.
18. He is a Fellow of the IEEE.
19. He is a member of the Academy of Distinguished Scholars, UTA.
20. He has published a book(Springer) along with Dr. Kim and Dr. Hang, Video coding standards: AVS china, H.264/MPEG-4-part10, HEVC, VP6, DIRAC and VC1